Thursday, July 15, 2010

Low-Cal, Low Fat, High Protein Chicken Parmesan

Tonight for dinner I tried a new recipe for Chicken Parmesan.  I saw a video on YouTube with a recipe and instructions on how to make it low calorie, low fat and high in protein so I decided to try my own version.  It turned out FANTASTIC!   What makes this dish great is that it's packed full of protein and is very low in fat and calories!! I served it with steamed broccoli and according to Emily, no pasta was needed for this chicken parm!

I ended up eating 1/2 a tenderloin and 1 piece of broccoli... Emily had three tenderloins and about a cup of broccoli (she didn't like it or anything hehe)!!! We're going to save the left-overs for dinners for the rest of the week! I'm sure it'll be delish cold too!


Here's what you'll need:

Cookie Sheet
Non-fat cooking spray
Large rectangle glass baking dish
1lb of chicken breast cut into tenderloins, fat trimmed (I bought mine precut - Foster Farms)
1-2 eggs
2 cups low fat Parmesan cheese
Italian seasonings to taste
1 small bag of low fat shredded Italian cheese mix
1 can of Tomato Basil Progresso soup
Salt/Pepper to taste

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 
  2. Crack two eggs in a bowl and whisk. 
  3. In a shallow dish (I used a pie dish) combine Parmesan cheese, Italian seasonings and salt/pepper to taste. 
  4. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. 
  5. After trimming all the fat from the chicken, coat each tenderloin in the egg and then coat each side in the Parmesan cheese mixture.  You don't need too much on each piece, just enough for a nice layer. 
  6. Place coated chicken onto cookie sheet and bake for about 7 minutes.  Turn up to broil for another 2-3 minutes to brown. 
  7. In glass baking dish, pour a small layer of the soup.  Place browned chicken pieces on top of the soup, leaving space between each. 
  8. Spoon on a generous amount of soup onto each piece of chicken and top the whole thing with the low fat Italian shredded cheese.  
  9. Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the soup is hot!
  10. Serve with your favorite steamed veggies and enjoy! 

Oh... on another note... I saw Heather today and she was like WOW, you look awesome! I love it when people validate all of this for me.  I feel so good when my hard work pays off and people notice!  I wore a sleeveless shirt IN PUBLIC today and I NEVER do that.  I was feeling good! 

Weight Loss Recap
Today's weight: 286lbs
Total weight loss: 39lbs
Weight loss since surgery: 28lbs
Down 3 pant sizes and at least 1-2 shirt sizes!!!! 

No comments: