Sunday, August 22, 2010

Protein French Vanilla Creamer

Last Christmas my husband bought me a Keurig 1-cup Coffee Maker.  Since the surgery, I've been reluctant to start using it again because 1) I'm not supposed to have a lot of caffeine and 2) creamers typically have no protein in them.... so coffee really doesn't add any nutritional value to my diet.  It's already hard enough as it is to get in enough food and protein during the day, that I had to find a way to make a creamer that had some nutritional value to it!!! So, this is what I've come up with!  I like A LOT of creamer in my coffee... so depending on how much you use... this could be adjusted!

Protein French Vanilla Creamer
1/4 cup Non-Fat French Vanilla Creamer
1/4 cup Non-Fat Milk
1 tablespoon Vanilla Protein Powder
1 large cup of coffee with ROOM


In a measuring cup that pours, combine the creamer, milk and powder.  With a fork, stir until all the protein powder has been broken up and dissolved.

Add creamer mixture to cup of coffee.  With the fork, stir again.  A few clumps of protein powder may still be visible, but those will dissolve in the hot coffee if you keep stirring!

Enjoy!


******************************
Weight Loss Recap
Today's weight: 260lbs
Total weight loss: 65lbs
Weight loss since surgery: 54lbs

No comments: