Sunday, January 2, 2011

BMI

BMI - Body Mass Index... it can be quite scary to think about how this number labels you.  Your BMI is a measure of your body fat based on your height and weight.


BMI Categories:
  • Underweight = <18.5
  • Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
  • Overweight = 25–29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Before my surgery, I weighed 325lbs and was 5'7''.  My BMI was 50.9.

Today, I weigh 210lbs and am still 5'7''.  My BMI is 32.9.  

WOW... What a HUGE difference.  Although I'm still in the "Obesity" category... That's a lot of BMI points to lose in six months!

I'm looking forward to seeing what my BMI will be in another six months!

To calculate your BMI, goto this site: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fanfuckingtastic. Just wonderful :)

Toni said...

that is amazing Betsy...you are almost in the overweight category. I also am in the obesity category currently and look forward to the overweight category and eventually normal weight category.