Monday, November 1, 2010

In a rut

These last few weeks have been really slow when it comes to the weight loss.  I've been hoping to get to the 100lbs lost mark, but it's just not happening.

This morning, I stepped on the scale to find that I had gained 2lbs.  TWO LBS!!!!  HOLY SHIT.  That has NEVER happened before.  Maybe 1lbs but then I lost it the next day.  I almost cried when I saw that 2lbs back on the scale.  I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I mean, it really couldn't have been that piece of Halloween candy I ate last night that put on 2lbs, could it?

So............... SIGH.  I'm so upset, frustrated, disappointed.  I think I need to spend today really thinking about my diet, how to improve it, and how to really get back into the weight loss that will help me get off these last 60lbs I want to get rid of.

What that's going to entail... I don't know.  I think maybe I need to go back to drinking protein shakes everyday.  (Cause I also noticed my hair is thinning and that's a sign of low protein)

And, if I'm going to be 100% honest here... I think I need to stop being so passive about this experience and I really need to play a more active role in the weight loss.  I can't just keep thinking the lbs are going to fall off and I can just get by with what I've been doing.

This is a journey... a long one... and I really want to be successful at it.  I don't want to weigh 325lbs ever again.

4 comments:

KARI GARCIA said...

Weight loss is so frustrating because it IS a true LIFE change. You become a new person...BUT it is so easy to go back to old habits.
I REALLY encourage you to add exercise where u can andjust be OK with what the scale says NO MATTER WHAT. The scale is not a friend OR an enemy...just a tool to help you stay on your path to a new YOU.

Go, Betsy! GO!

Jennifer said...

Good thoughts here, I am proud of you! You are doing so good, and to just say okay...here is a bump...I am going to fix it with determination...that is huge. As I have been on the same type of journey, I am constantly evaluating and find that it just HAS to be sustainable. Which is why a protein shake is good occasionally, but you have to ENJOY life and food to make it work. I am really into the thought that real whole food is the way to go. Can't go wrong! the closer to the point of origin the better. Process foods be damned~Jillian Michaels book helped alot. Master your Metabolism...Love you!

Kim said...

Hi Betsy,
I too am on a weightloss journey. I am trying to lose about 80lbs and have lost 35lbs so far since last December using the Belly Fat Cure, which is essentially a low- sugar, moderate carb diet.

I have weeks where I go up and lose it the next week too. Two steps forward, one step back & it can be really frustrating.

According to the book, fiber is very important to lose "false belly fat", ie: a backup of poo in your intestines. Make sure you are getting enough fiber. Fiber is your friend. Also, try to avoid the unecessary calories, like alcohol. My 2 cents.

Your journey has been a great motivation to me & I know you (and I) can both be successful. Sometimes it's just an exercise in patience.

dull_flame said...

Hey, Betsy!

I'm trying to lose weight too, and from your pictures, I can tell that my 50 pounds is nothing compared to what you've done already. Bravo.

Don't let this little setback get you down. Hell, I've gained 15 pounds since May (when I lost my job) but I'm sticking to my 50-pound-loss goal because it feels attainable. It'll put me about 175 pounds (I'm 5'11") and I'll be happy there.

Anyway... Keep it up. You'll make it.